FEEL WHAT ITS LIKE WHEN YOU’RE RUNNING OUT OF AIR
Why learning Air Depletion?
Air depletion is important to practice so you’ll get familiar with sensation of running out of air. There’s a warning sign for running out of air. You’ll find it a bit harder to inhale the last few breaths as air pressure drops. Once you’re familiar with that feeling you’re more prepared to a real life event should it ever occur.
Air Depletion Objectives:
Where to practice Air Depletion?
How to complete and perform the Air Depletion skill?
1. Simply kneel on the bottom and breathe normally.
2. Avoid looking at the pressure gouge.
3. Your instructor will turn the air off for you.
4. When filling out of air simply give the out of air signal
5. Your instructor will turn your air back on.
Air Depletion tips
1. Its always better to practice on-land if possible. Simply breathe from your regulator and turn the air off.
2. When on-land, have a look at the pressure gouge and see how it drops with each breath you take. Try and feel the difference with each breath you take.
3. when practicing air depletion underwater, take your eyes off the pressure gouge, show it to your scuba instructor so he’ll know when you’re out of air. concentrate only on breathing and recognizing that moment before you’re completely out of air.
HAVE FUN, DIVE SAFELY